Why we collect personal data from you:
To provide you with products and services. Each product and service has different information requirements. Therefore, the personal data we need, and what it is needed for, can differ.
To provide you with information about products and services that we, believe will be of interest to you. We will only do this with your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time by changing your marketing preferences or unsubscribing using the link at the bottom of the emails we send you (this could either be an “unsubscribe” link or a “manage my preferences” link), or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data we collect from you:
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on any of our sites, by making reservations in any of our facilities (The Varsity Hotel and Spa, The Glassworks Health Club ,The River Bar Steakhouse and Grill, Six Restaurant) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to receive newsletters about promotions, events and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph in the case of The Glassworks Spa.
Information we collect about you when you visit our websites:
Each time you use our websites we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, time zone setting, and which language you have used;
- information about your visit, including products you viewed or searched for, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Types of Personal Information We Collect
The term “personal information” in this Policy refers to information that does or is capable of identifying you as an individual. The types of personal information that we process include:
- your name, gender, personal and work contact details, business title, date and place of birth, image, nationality, and passport and visa information;
- guest stay information, dates of arrival and departure, goods and services utilised, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room and vacation preferences), telephone numbers dialled and faxes, texts and telephone messages received;
- your credit card details, and your account details
- any information necessary to fulfil special requests (e.g. health conditions that require specific accommodation or services e.g Use of Spa and Gym Facilities);
- information, feedback or content you provide regarding your marketing preferences, in surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or promotional offers, or to our websites or apps and those of third parties;
- information collected whilst at The Varsity Hotel and Spa through the use of closed circuit television systems, internet systems (including wireless networks that collect data about your computer, smart or mobile device, or your location), card key and other security and technology systems;
- contact and other relevant details concerning the employees of corporate accounts and vendors and other individuals with whom we do business (e.g. travel agents or meeting and event planners); and
- in limited cases, information relating to the credit of customers.
How We Use Personal Information
Subject to applicable laws, we may collect, use and disclose relevant portions of your personal information in order to:
- provide and charge for hotel accommodation and other goods and services;
- provide you with a better or more personalized level of service, including information and services from a third party (such as additional guest services at The hotel, local attractions and transportation options);
- respond to requests for information and services, including services from a third party (such as restaurants or transportation providers);
- fulfil contractual obligations to you, anyone involved in the process of making your travel arrangements (e.g. travel agents, group travel organizers or your employer) and vendors (e.g. credit card companies, airline operators and third party loyalty programs);
- conduct market research, customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys, and direct marketing and sales promotions;
- provide for the safety and security of staff, guests and other visitors;
- administer general record keeping;
- meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- test and evaluate new products and services; and
Our Agents, Service Providers and Suppliers
Like most hotels, we may outsource the processing of certain functions and/or information to third parties. We may also engage market research firms to assist us in contacting guests for the purpose of market research and quality assurance. When we do outsource the processing of your personal information to third parties or provide your personal information to third-party service providers, we oblige those third parties to protect your personal information in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Policy, with appropriate security measures.
Where we hold personal information about you, we may disclose this personal information to other companies that also hold information about you. These companies may combine the information in order to better understand your preferences and interests, thereby enabling them and us to serve you better. If your personal information is used for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object to that by contacting us using the contact information provided in the “who we are” section.
When you request credit, your personal information will be used and disclosed to appropriate third parties in accordance with applicable laws for the purpose of determining whether to grant and maintain a line of credit to you.
As we continue to develop our business, we may sell hotels and other assets, or cease being the manager or franchisor of a hotel or restaurant that is currently part of our portfolio. In those circumstances, we may include the personal information collected about you, or control of that personal information, as a business asset in any such transfer. Also, in the unlikely event that we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired, personal information collected about you, or control of such information, may be one of the transferred assets.
Our websites may also contain plug-ins and other features that integrate third party social media platforms into our websites. You will be able to activate them manually. If you do so, the third parties who operate these platforms may be able to identify you, they may be able to determine how you use this website and they may link and store this information with your social media profile. Please consult the data protection policies of these social media platforms to understand what they will be doing with your personal data. If you activate these plug-ins and other features, you will be doing so at your own risk.
Links to Other Websites
If you visit The Varsity Hotel, The Glassworks Health Club, River Bar Steakhouse and Grill and Six Panoramic Bar and Brasserie websites and decide, for example, to purchase a gift certificate, or apply for a job online, you may be seamlessly linked to websites maintained by third parties. We use the following third party sites:
- Gift Voucher Solutions
- Spa Booker
- Spa Breaks
- Numerous Third party booking Agencies (e.g Booking.com, Hotels.com etc) and others with whom we have contracted to provide those services.
If you click on a link found on our websites or on any other website, you should always look at the location bar within your browser to determine whether you have been linked to a different website. This Policy, and our responsibility, is limited to our own information collection practices. We are not responsible for, and cannot always ensure, the information collection practices or privacy policies of other websites maintained by third parties or our service providers where you submit your personal information directly to such websites. In addition, we cannot ensure the content of the websites maintained by these third parties or our service providers, even if accessible using a link from our websites. We urge you to read the privacy and security policies of any external websites before providing any personal information while accessing those websites.
Because the security of your personal information is important to us, we use Secured Socket Layer (“SSL”) software in order to encrypt the personal information that you provide to us. If your browser is SSL enabled (which most are), your transmission of personal information to us online will be encrypted. You can verify whether your personal information is transmitted using SSL encryption by confirming the symbol of a closed lock or solid key on the bottom bar of your browser window. You can also verify that your personal information will be encrypted using SSL encryption by making sure that the prefix for the web address listed for that page has changed from “http” to “https”. If you do not see the appropriate symbol and the “https” prefix, you should not assume that the personal information that you are being asked to provide will be encrypted prior to transmission.
The personal information we collect from you online is stored by us and/or our service providers on databases protected through a combination of physical and electronic access controls, firewall technology and other reasonable security measures. Nevertheless, such security measures cannot prevent all loss, misuse or alteration of personal information and we are not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such incidents to the fullest extent permitted by law. Where required under law, we will notify you of any such loss, misuse or alteration of personal information that may affect you so that you can take the appropriate actions for the due protection of your rights.
Where permitted by law, we may work with other companies to show you advertisements we think you may find relevant and useful. This may include advertisements displayed on our own websites or apps, or advertisements from us displayed on other companies’ websites. The advertisements you see may be based on information collected by us or third parties and/or may be based on your activities on our websites or third-party websites.
You may always choose what personal information (if any) you wish to provide to us. However, if you choose not to provide certain details, some of your experiences with us may be affected (for example, we cannot take a reservation without a name).
If you provide us with your contact details (e.g. postal address, email address, telephone number or fax number), we may contact you to let you know about the products, services, promotions and events offered that we think you may be interested in. We may also share your personal information with carefully-selected third parties, who may communicate directly with you. You can always choose whether or not to receive any or all of these communications by contacting us as described in “who we are” section below or following the “unsubscribe” instructions contained in the communications.
We may also ask you to indicate how you would like to receive any offers, marketing and promotional information (e.g. via email or regular mail) and whether you would be willing to participate in surveys. Once you have indicated your preferences, you can always change them.
In certain circumstances, your consent may be implied (e.g. where communications are required in order to fulfil your requests and/or where you have volunteered information for use by us). In other cases, we may seek your consent expressly in accordance with applicable laws (e.g. where the information collected is regarded to be Sensitive Personal).
Updating or Accessing Your Personal Information
With some limited exceptions, you have rights to access and update personal information held about you. If you want to inquire about any personal information we may have about you, you can do so by sending us a written request by letter or email to the addresses set out in the “who we are” section. Please be sure to include your full name, address and telephone number and a copy of a document evidencing your identity (such as an ID card or passport) so we can ascertain your identity and whether we have any personal information regarding you, or in case we need to contact you to obtain any additional information we may require to make that determination.
We reserve the right to charge you a fee.
You may request that we correct, cancel, and/or stop processing or using personal information that we hold about you. If we agree that the personal information is incorrect, or that the processing should be stopped, we will delete or correct the personal information. If we do not agree that the personal information is incorrect we will tell you that we do not agree, explain our refusal to you and record the fact that you consider that personal information to be incorrect in the relevant file(s).
Changes to this Policy
Just as our business changes constantly, this Policy may also change.
Personal Data we receive from third parties
We may receive personal data about you from fraud prevention agencies.
Who sees your personal data?
The personal data we collect about you will be used within The Varsity Hotel and Spa, The River Bar Steakhouse, The Glassworks Health Club, Six Panoramic Bar and Brasserie. Exactly who sees your personal data depends on the context in which you provided it.
Sometimes we’ll share your personal data with third parties outside our facilities. We may do this for the following reasons:
- To protect The Varsity Hotel and Spa and its Facilities or others. We may share your personal data with third parties when we believe it is necessary to protect our or another person’s rights, property, or safety. This includes exchanging personal data with third parties to protect against fraud and reduce payment risks.
- If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect or identify fraud we will record this and may also pass this information to fraud prevention agencies and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention.
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice or in response to a valid request from a competent authority.
We will only deal with third parties that we trust to treat our customers’ personal data with the same stringent controls that we apply ourselves.
How long do we keep your personal data?
How long we keep your personal data depends on the context in which you provided it and the marketing preferences you have expressed. In particular:
- We will keep any personal data we or need to provide you with any of the services we provide to you for the period during which that service is provided.
- We may keep your contact details for as long as we have your consent to send you marketing information.
- We may keep records of any transactions you enter with us for up to seven years plus the year when that transaction was made. This is so that we can respond to any complaints or disputes that arise in that period.
- We will keep other personal data about you if it is necessary for us to do so to comply with the law.
We’ve implemented technology and security policies, rules and measures to protect the personal data we have under our control, both on and offline, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction and loss.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, but data can never be guaranteed as 100% secure. Please note that we will not be liable for any breach of security unless we have been negligent.
A Cookie is a small text file that is saved to the hard drive of your computer when you use a website.
WHO WE ARE
The Varsity Hotel and Spa
The Glassworks Health Club
Six Panoramic Bar and Brasserie
The River Bar Steakhouse and Grill
For further information about or privacy practices, or to contact us regarding any reason set out above please contact our Data Officer.
You can contact him by:
The Varsity Hotel and Spa
Or Alternatively Emailing: email@example.com